Microsoft Access is a powerful tool to create software at a fraction of the time and cost of the “higher” programming languages but with very similar appearance and useability. Business Information Design has been developing client solutions in Access since 1997 with great success from both management and user perspectives.
Systems range from small single user reporting databases that replace time consuming data entry and report creation processes – mostly from Excel, to intricate systems that integrate with accounting packages and other data sources to pull data into one location for consolidated reporting as one example of many.
We have even replaced such big name software as SalesForce.com and ACT!. So why do customers move from these systems? They want something that is easier to learn and use, that enforces company procedures, and has more focused reporting. Most off-the-shelf software must handle all kinds of different companies and their varied needs. With custom software your users see only the fields they need to enter and they are labeled intuitively. Fields that you need filled in have code that enforces that they are filled in. And reports that you run all the time are easy to run and show exactly what you need.
We customize so you don’t have to compromise.
Here are a few of the types of systems we have developed:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Sales Tracking and Reporting
- Time Off/Vacation Scheduling and Tracking
- Quoting System
- Accounts Receivable Tracking
- Commission Database
- Quality Assurance Tracking
- Charitable Contributions Tracking
- Delivery & Installation Tracking
- Design Labor Tracking
- Data Transfer Utilities
- Custom Reporting
- Job Cost Reporting
- Productivity Reporting
And here are some of the advanced capabilities we have developed:
- E-mail notifications sent automatically when some criteria is met
- Automatically create PDF, rename and place in a specific folder
- Push invoice data to Quickbooks
- Pull data from most accounting packages
- Import data from one system, reformat it, and output it in a format that can be used by another system
- Filling in Word and Excel forms automatically